What's the Bikini have that those two piece swimsuits don't? Naval What?
The bikini made its debut appearance at a Paris Fashion show on July 25th in 1946. In the 1940s as Kelly Killoren Bensimon illuminates in The Bikini Book, attractive women were known as "bombshells," and anything fiercer was "atomic." So, when two Frenchmen designed skimpy alternatives to the two-piece in the summer of 1946, both suits got nuclear nicknames. The first designer, Jacques Heim, created a tiny suit called the atome. The second, Louis Reard, introduced his design on July 5, four days after the United States had begun atomic testing in the Bikini Atoll. In a rather gutsy marketing ploy, Reard named his creation le bikini, implying it was as momentous an invention as the new bomb.
The two-piece swimsuit which consisted of a structured halter top and modest bottom that covered the bellybutton, hips, and derriÃre arrived with much less criticism than the bikini. By the early '40s, film stars including Ava Gardner, Rita Hayworth, and Lana Turner were all wearing the two-piece, and it was seen frequently on American beaches.
It wasn't until the 60's we actually saw the bikini gracing the pages of magazines, like Sports Illustrated. Fspicyicey 007 films to hot Miami style, we have watched the bikini metamorphose through the decades.
No matter how hard I try though, whenever I hear the word Bikini, I instantly think of the 1960 Brian Hyland song Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini. It never fails.

5 comments:
Keri~~~~
Why don't you have some Christian Literature for teens ??? We like to read too!!!!
Also, why don't you post more often on your blog? Or let alone on the site?
To my anonymous Christian teen reader: I must say I was shocked to read your comment. I try very hard to buy books for everyone. I have bought quite a bit of christian fiction lately. I can honestly say they are geared more for teen girls, but I don't know your gender so I can't help you out specifically. I have not found many christian or inspirational fiction for the guys. In fact there is a lovely bookmark in the teen lounge which displays some of our christian/inspirational titles for teens. *Melody Carlson writes some great fiction for teen girls which deals in depth with many issues teens face everyday. The series she writes is called True Colors. Most of all I wanted to say I am very open to any suggestions anyone may have when it comes to the books I order for all of you. I will try to post more, It is sometimes hard to find the time, but I do enjoy it.
Real nice! Keep up the great work. Good work. Enjoyed the visit!
- www.blogger.com 4
phentermine
Post a Comment